The SPARKS are the premier Dance Team for the Pittsburgh Power Arena Football Team. We are back, and ready for another amazing season! The SPARKS perform at each of the nine (9) POWER home games at CONSOL Energy Center, as well as make appearances at community and sponsor events around Pittsburgh and bring an undeniable energy to Power fans every game!!
The SPARKS are paid per game and for select appearances, as well as receiving gym memberships, tanning, POWER gear, and other perks. The SPARKS dance team will be the perfect balance of technique, beauty, and entertainment!
YOU MUST ATTEND AUDITIONS ON ONE OF THE PRELIMINARY DATES (LISTED BELOW) TO BE CONSIDERED. YOU CAN ONLY AUDITION ON ONE OF THESE THREE PRELIMINARY AUDITION DAYS TO QUALIFY FOR THE FINALS
* Preliminary Auditions – Closed to the public
* The first 30 minutes of the tryout will be for registration, walk-ins are welcome!
- Wednesday January 16 from 6-10pm
- Saturday January 19 from 12pm-5pm
- Sunday January 20 from 9am-2pm
Location – Club One Fitness in Shadyside
6325 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh
Fee – FREE
Attire – See below
Registration – The first 30 minutes will be for registration
Location – Jergels Rhythm Grille
103 Slade Lane, Warrendale
Date – Friday, February 1, 2013
Time – 5:00 P.M. until 7:00 P.M.
Description – The final round of auditions will include performing two routines learned during preliminary auditions in front a panel of judges and POWER fans. New members of the 2013 SPARKS Dance Team will be announced at the end of Finals. All SPARKS will be required to stay for a photo shoot immediately following the final audition.
On Tryout Day
• Must be 18 years of age. Valid ID is required
• Must submit a non-returnable individual photo (headshot preferred) at least 5×7 in size
• Must submit a non-returnable resume including professional and dance experience
• Being a SPARKS dancer is a commitment, so you must have an accommodating schedule and be able to attend all home games, appearances, practices and workouts
• Must have reliable means of transportation
• Must have some form of dance training
• Preliminary Audition– Half top or sports bra and shorts, form-fitting shorts or skirt, of any color or style
• Finals – Attire will be discussed after the completion of preliminary auditions.
• Footwear – Any sneakers or dance shoes of your choice
• Appearance – Hair and makeup should be sophisticated and glamorous. You are encouraged to bring touchup makeup and hair products. This is a professional audition, it is important to maintain a game day appearance! The SPARKS perform with their hair down and make-up is always performance ready!
* Visible tattoos should be covered with makeup and body piercings should be removed